Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Eulogy

When I think of John, I think back to countless number of sleepovers we had at his house. I think of the time the two of us laughed for five minutes straight, over nothing at all. Then I think of all the times he saved me a seat on the crowded bus. I think of how he would go out of his way to help those who asked him to. I will never forget the times when he would help me with math homework. This may seem inconsecuential, but it meant the world to me.

These things are just a few examples of what John meant to me. How could I describe John? Would it be enough to say that he was a friend? No, he was more than a friend to many people. No matter how bad of a day he had had, he would always be kind to you. Would it be enough to say that he was helpful? No, he was more than helpful; he was willing to make sacrifices for you. He was always persistent, always accepting of people and always willing to talk things over. He was true to his word; if he said he would do something, you could bet that he would do it. Would it be too much to say that he was my best friend? No, he was exactly that.

No comments: